Wednesday, July 29, 2015 @ 4:50 p.m.
* means this is a new addition; ** means this is an update
* We offer our condolences to the family of Gary Beckham who passed away this morning (Wednesday) at 10:22 a.m. at the Golden Living Nursing Home in Malden MO. Arrangements are pending. Pray for Jan, Jennifer and the family.
* Ande Loafman: (Requested by Mary Ann Howell) She did not get a good report back from a colonoscopy she had done as she was told that she has a malignant tumor. The doctor is recommending surgery to remove it and she will go through this procedure soon. Pray for success.
** Nick Arends: (Requested by Linda Bates) He went into the Barnes/Jewish to have a portion of his liver removed that has a cancerous tumor attached to it. Pray for him. They opened him up and sewed him back up again as the cancer has spread beyond the liver.
* Claudia, Mary, Ruth and Carrol: They are leaving today (Wednesday) to head to Colorado and California to visit with family. Pray for their safe journey.
** Don Mills: He has spent a lot of time doing tests at the MD Anderson and it has been determined that the cancer (MDS Leukemia & multiple myeloma) is 80% over his body and he is starting to experience a lot of pain and they are trying to control it. He has been blessed with little pain up till now, but is now struggling with it. While God is able to heal him, we must also ask God to show him grace and give him strength and comfort during this difficult time. So, far it’s been about a seven (7) year battle. He is in the hospital tonight for a blood transfusion as he was last night as well. Keep him in your prayers.
** Barry Beck: This is Cheryl Bates dad and he is going to St. Louis to have some stents put into his heart, but he has had problems with this surgery in the past, so she request that we remember him in our prayers. He went in this morning to have the stents put in. No updates at this time.
* Andrew Allen: (Request by Leon Isaac) This is his nephew and his was taken to Le Bonheur’s Children’s Hospital in Memphis, TN with kidney failure and fluid on the lungs. He is 17 years old.
** Travis Clayton: (Requested by Rhonda Lawhon) This is Stan’s son and a lead came off of his pacemaker and he was taken by ambulance to the Children’s Hospital in St. Louis. They are doing x-rays to determine if it broke off or just came loose and go from there. They have decided to try and treat it with medication rather than to do surgery, as they feel it may be too risky. Stan has gone to St. Louis to pick him up and take him home. Remember him in your prayers.
** Bob Taylor: (St. Francis Medical Center, room 3041) He was having a difficult time swallowing and aspirating into his lungs resulting in double pneumonia and breathing issues. They have put in a feeding tube and he seems to be doing good with it. Pray for him.
** Lester Barnett: (Requested by R. J. Riddle) This is a long time friend and fellow worker with R. J. and they postponed doing to the pacemaker this week, but instead are treating it with medication and may cauterize the affect portion of the heart to see if that will put the heart into a proper rhythm and pace, but if now, they will put in a pace maker. He has to go up there next Thursday to the Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau, MO. Pray for success.
Glendel Grindstaff: He is at home under hospice care. Pray for him and Shelva.
** Cheyenne: (Requested by Terry Lembke) This is his girlfriend’s adopted daughter and the test results regarding her heart showed no issues with her heart, but she is Bipolar and struggling with depression. The family request your prayers.
** Gary Beckham: He is in room 222 of the Golden Living Center in Malden after the doctors told the family that there is nothing more that they can do for him. Jennifer did post on Facebook the day of his arrival there that he does seem to be more responsive and doing some better and she appreciates the prayers. Keep him and his family in your prayers.
Barbara Hamlett: This is Pastor James Hamlett’s wife and it was confirmed last Wednesday that she has Parkinson’s disease and they also did an MRI on a known tumor she’s had for the past 9-10 years and it has increased in size as well. She also another issue going on near the site of the tumor that is causing concern and they will be seeing a Neurologist on August 7th (or sooner, if the doctor deems necessary) to review her case and recommend a course of action. Pray for him and James.